Tilapia is a popular food fish all over the world. A majority of the Tilapia species hail from rivers and lakes on the African continent. Tilapia grows fast, eats almost anything you feed it, is resilient towards diseases and is easy to raise in ponds. These traits have made it a very appreciated fish among aquaculturists and it has been farmed in Egypt and Israel since prehistoric times. This is an easy to follow recipe for Tilapia Parmesan that requires just a few ingredients.
Tilapia Parmesan ingredients:
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons of butter
2 Tilapia fillets (weighing around 1/2 lbs each)
Tilapia Parmesan directions:
- Create a Lemon-Parmesan sauce by mixing the grated Parmesan cheese with mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. (Save the other 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice for later.)
- Soften the butter.
- Rinse the Tilapia fillets in cold water and allow them to drain well.
- Top the Tilapia fillets with the softened butter and the other 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Broil the Tilapia fillets during 5-6 minutes. The fillets should be placed approximately 4 inches from the heat source. The Tilapia fillets are ready when they look opaque and you can easily flake them with a fork.
- Use 1 or 2 tablespoons of your Lemon-Parmesan sauce to top each portion of Tilapia Parmesan.
- Broil the Tilapia Parmesan for 2-3 minutes until the Lemon-Parmesan sauce gets a golden-brown colour.
- Slice the lemon
- Place the Tilapia Parmesan dish on a serving plate and garnish the fish with lemon slices and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.