Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Below you’ll find an easily cooked and delicious Tilapia recipe for Parmesan crusted Tilapia. It is a little more luxurious them some other tilapia recipes and contain a little more calories but are still a great healthy meal like most other tilapia recipes. Parmesan crusted Tilapia is best served with a green salad and a dry white wine.
Parmesan crusted Tilapia ingredients:
1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup of flour for the Parmesan flour mix
2 Tilapia fillets (5 or 6 oz each)
flour for dredging
1 tablespoon of garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of white wine
1 tablespoon of capers, drained
1/4 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of butter
Parmesan crusted Tilapia directions:
- Start by preparing the Parmesan flour mix. Mix parmesan cheese with 1/2 cup of flour in a shallow pan.
- Dredge the Tilapia fillets in plain flour
- Beat the egg slightly
- Shake off any surplus flour from the Tilapia fillets before you dip them in egg.
- Use the Parmesan flour mix to coat the Tilapia fillets.
- Chop the garlic into fine pieces.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and pour some of the olive oil into it.
- Place the Parmesan crusted Tilapia fillets in the frying pan and fry them until they are brown on both sides. You will need to turn the fillets over once or twice.
- Remove the Parmesan crusted Tilapia fillets from the pan and keep them warm.
- Add some more olive oil to the pan and sauté the garlic in the oil.
- Add white wine, capers and chicken stock to the frying pan. Squeeze lemon juice from the lemon over the frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to reduce by half
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the butter
- Place the Parmesan crusted Tilapia fillets on serving dishes and pour sauce over them