Grilling Tilapia is one of the earliest known ways of preparing this fish, and it is still a very common way of cooking Tilapia in Africa. Wild Tilapia is caught in lakes and rivers on the African continent, but Tilapia is also breed and raised in man-made ponds in many parts of the world. This recipe for grilling Tilapia is delicious and the Tilapia fillets are seasoned with plenty of spices and served with creamy aioli.
Grilling Tilapia ingredients:
Non-stick coating spray
2 pounds of Tilapia fillets
2 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 cup of mayonnaise
6 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
Grilling Tilapia instructions:
- Prepare the aioli according to the instructions below. Use a non-stick coating spray to prepare a grill rack, and heat up the grill.
- Rinse the Tilapia fillets with cold water and dry them with paper towels or similar.
- Mix chilli, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle the spice mix on both sides of the Tilapia fillets.
- Place the Tilapia fillets on the heated grill, approximately 4 or 5 inches from the fire.
- Grill the Tilapia fillet for roughly 5 minutes per ½ inch of fillet. (Measure from the thickest point of the fillet.) Flip the fillet once halfway through the grilling time.
- Serve the grilled Tilapia with aioli.
Grilling Tilapia Aioli Instructions:
- Put mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Press the garlic cloves and put the garlic in the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, Dijon mustard and dried tarragon to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients carefully and place in the refrigerator.