Tilapia.ws is a website devoted to providing the best possible tilapia information. Our ambition is to provide all the information you ever need about tilapia regardless of whether you want to know more about farming tilapia, the various diseases that can be a problem when farming tilapia, the large historical importance of tilapia or simply want to know how to keep one in an aquarium. We also provide a large collection tilapia recipes.
Easy Tilapia Recipe
This is a yummy and easy Tilapia recipe that includes capers, white wine and asparagus spears. It can be used to prepare a lot of other fish fillets as well, such as flounder. An advantage with this recipe is that it is not only an easy Tilapia recipe; it is a fast Tilapia recipe as well. You will only have to spend 15 minutes preparing the Tilapia, and dinner is ready after just another 15 minutes in the oven. This easy Tilapia recipe is suitable for 2 servings.
Easy Tilapia recipe ingredients:
2 Tilapia fillets (approximately 3 ounce each)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ cup of white wine
3 tablespoons of capers
1 cup of asparagus spears
3 tablespoons of butter
Easy Tilapia recipe directions:
- Heat a big skillet over medium heat. A non-stick skillet is recommended.
- Pour olive oil over the Tilapia fillets and sprinkle some salt and pepper over the fish.
- Place the Tilapia fillets in the skillet.
- Cut the lemon in halves and use one of the halves to squeeze lemon juice over the Tilapia fillets.
- Let the Tilapia fillets cook in the skillet for around 3 minutes per side. The Tilapia is ready when you can flake it easily with a fork.
- Remove the Tilapia fillets from the skillet and place them on a plate where they can be kept warm.
- Remove the seed from the tomatoes and chop the tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Trim the asparagus spears and cut them in half
- Pour white wine, tomatoes, capers and some salt and pepper into the skillet.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining half of the lemon over the sauce.
- Increase the heat until its medium high and allow the sauce to boil for 2 minutes. The boiling will remove the alcohol from the wine.
- Decrease the heat to low and place the Tilapia fillets in the sauce.
- Add the asparagus spears.
- Cover the simmer and let the dish simmer for at least 2 minutes.
- Place the Tilapia fillets and the asparagus on a serving dish, and keep them warm.
- Increase the heat under the skillet to medium high and add the butter. Stir the sauce until the butter has blended with the sauce and boil to desired consistency.
- Spoon the sauce over the Tilapia fillets and serve immediately.
Tilapia.ws Copyright 2005-2009