This recipe for stuffed Tilapia is a tasty adventure that includes crab meat as well as spicy cayenne pepper. It is not only a good recipe for preparing stuffed Tilapia; it is suitable for many other similar fish species as well, including flounder and sole.
Stuffed Tilapia ingredients:
1 small onion
1 rib celery
4 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
½ cup of bread crumbs
1 can of drained and flaked crab meat
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/8 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
6 tilapia fillets
Stuffed Tilapia instructions:
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Mince the celery into fine pieces.
- Sautee the onion and celery with butter in a frying pan until the vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley to the frying pan.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in bread crumbs and crab meat, together with lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Grease a 9×13 inch oven pan.
- Spread the crab meat mixture over the Tilapia fillets and roll them up.
- Place the stuffed Tilapia in the greased dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle melted butter and paprika powder over the stuffed Tilapia.
- Place the stuffed Tilapia in the oven and bake the rolls at 400° Fahrenheit. The stuffed Tilapia is finished when it is easy to flake the fish with a fork, usually after 20-25 minutes.