This recipe for blackened Tilapia includes a lot of spices and produces a flavoursome Tilapia dish in no time. You will only need 10 minutes to prepare Blackened Tilapia and it will be ready to eat after just another 8 minutes in the frying pan. This recipe for blackened Tilapia is suitable for 4 servings.
Blackened Tilapia ingredients:
3 tablespoons of paprika powder
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
½ teaspoon of celery seed
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 pound of Tilapia fillets
4 slices of white bread
Blackened Tilapia directions:
- Create a spice blend by pouring paprika powder, salt, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, celery seed and garlic powder into a jar with a lid. Shake them until they are blended.
- Use the spice blend to coat the Tilapia fillets, and let them sit for 30 minutes in room temperature.
- Slice the lemon into wedges.
- Heat up a frying pan over high heat.
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and place the Tilapia fillets in the pan when the oil is so hot it is nearly smoking.
- Fry the Tilapia fillets until the fillets look opaque and can be easily flaked with a fork. This will usually take around 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the Tilapia fillets and place each fillet on a slice of bread.
- Pour the remaining content of the frying pan over the Tilapia fillets and the bread, and squeeze lemon juice over the Blackened Tilapia from the lemon wedges.
- Enjoy the tasty Blackened Tilapia immediately.