Pan Seared Tilapia
This is a yummy recipe for pan seared Tilapia with chilli lime butter. Shallot, fresh lime zest, lime juice and Serrano chilli are all important ingredients in this spicy and healthy dish. The strong spices in this pan seared Tilapia is believed to strengthen our immune system and kill off harmful bacteria. They will also increase your metabolism, which is particularly useful if you are on a diet.
Pan seared Tilapia ingredients:
¼ cup of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of fresh Thai or Serrano chilli, preferably red
1 tablespoon of shallot
1 teaspoon of finely grated fresh lime zest
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
6 pieces of skinless tilapia fillet (5 or 6 oz)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Pan seared Tilapia directions:
- Begin by making the chilli lime butter. Let unsalted butter soften in room temperature and place it in a bowl.
- Mince the fresh Thai or Serrano chilli. Add it to the bowl of butter, and include the seeds (they contain a lot of flavour).
- Chop the shallot into fine pieces and add it to the butter.
- Add finely grated fresh lime zest and lime juice to the butter, and mix all ingredients well.
- Pat the Tilapia fillets dry.
- Sprinkle the Tilapia fillets with salt.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan and heat the oil over moderately high heat.
- When the oil begins to smoke, place the Tilapia fillets in the frying pan and sauté the fish. Use a spatula to turn the Tilapia fillets over until both sides are golden. Cooking Tilapia fillets will usually take 4-5 minutes. Most frying pans are too small to sauté all the six Tilapia fillets simultaneously. Place the finished pan seared Tilapia on a dish and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the frying pan when necessary.
- Place the pan seared Tilapia on serving dishes and add a spoonful of chilli lime butter on each Tilapia fillet. Pan seared Tilapia tastes great with mashed potatoes or couscous.