Crunchy Oven Fried Tilapia
This recipe makes it possible for you to create a Tilapia dish that have that wonderful crunchy taste, but with significantly fewer calories than ordinary fried fish fillets. Crunchy Oven Fried Tilapia is a low fat dish and a healthy alternative to pan fried food. It takes approximately 15 minutes to prepare Crunchy Oven Fried Tilapia and the dish will then require 15 more minutes in the oven before its ready to eat. This recipe is based on 1 pound of Tilapia fillets and is enough for 4 servings.
Crunchy Oven Fried Tilapia ingredients:
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
2 egg whites
1 pound tilapia fillets
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
Non-stick cooking spray
Crunchy Oven Fried Tilapia directions:
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 450° Fahrenheit / 230° Celsius.
- Stir flour, salt and pepper together in a dish or plate.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks and place the egg whites in a bowl. Egg yolks are not used in this recipe.
- Beat the egg whites until they are white and foamy.
- Place the dried bread crumbs in another bowl and add cornmeal and basil. Stir the ingredients gently until blended.
- Bread the Tilapia fillets by first dipping them into the flour mix. Shake of any surplus flour mix and proceed by dipping the Tilapia fillets in the egg whites. The third step is to dip the Tilapia fillets in the bread crumb mixture and cover them entirely with the mix.
- Use non-stick cooking spray to cover the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
- Place the Tilapia fillets in the baking dish and bake them in the oven during 10-15 minutes. The Crunchy Oven Fried Tilapia fillets are ready when you can easily flake the fish using a fork.