This is an easy to follow recipe that makes it simple to cook delicious Tilapia filet. It is particularly great if you are on a diet, since the bell pepper and tarragon will increase your metabolism. It is also a healthy alternative to many other Tilapia recipes, since it includes a lot of vegetables. Serve the Tilapia filet with a mixed fresh salad if you want to make this great dish even better.
Tilapia filet ingredients:
1 cup of finely chopped onion
1 pound of mushrooms
1/2 cup of green or red pepper
1/2 cup of thinly sliced carrot
1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
No-Stick Cooking Spray
4 Aluminium foil pieces, approximately 12×14-inches in size
4 tilapia fillets (4-6 ounce each)
Ground black pepper
Tilapia filet directions:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Chop the red or green bell pepper into fine pieces.
- Cut the carrot into thin slices.
- Mix the onion, mushrooms, green or red bell pepper, carrot and tarragon with each other in a bowl.
- Use no-stick cooking spray to spray the centre of each aluminium foil pieces.
- Place one Tilapia filet in each aluminium foil pieces.
- Spray the Tilapia filet with more no-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over the Tilapia filet.
- Place carrot mix on top of each Tilapia filet.
- Bring the long sides of the aluminium foil together and fold them, and close the aluminium foil pieces by rolling the short sides tightly towards the centre of the piece.
- Place the four aluminium pieces on a baking sheet and insert them in the oven. Bake the Tilapia filet for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the four packages of Tilapia filet from the oven and let them stand and cool down during 5 minutes.
- Put one Tilapia filet package on each serving plate, but do not open the packages. Let everyone open their own Tilapia filet package, since the escaping steam is filled with the most magnificent aroma.