Tilapia.ws is a website devoted to providing the best possible tilapia information. Our ambition is to provide all the information you ever need about tilapia regardless of whether you want to know more about farming tilapia, the various diseases that can be a problem when farming tilapia, the large historical importance of tilapia or simply want to know how to keep one in an aquarium. We also provide a large collection tilapia recipes.
This recipe for stuffed Tilapia is a tasty adventure that includes crab meat as well as spicy cayenne pepper. It is not only a good recipe for preparing stuffed Tilapia; it is suitable for many other similar fish species as well, including flounder and sole.
Stuffed Tilapia ingredients:
1 small onion
1 rib celery
4 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
½ cup of bread crumbs
1 can of drained and flaked crab meat
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/8 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
6 tilapia fillets
Stuffed Tilapia instructions:
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Mince the celery into fine pieces.
- Sautee the onion and celery with butter in a frying pan until the vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley to the frying pan.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in bread crumbs and crab meat, together with lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Grease a 9x13 inch oven pan.
- Spread the crab meat mixture over the Tilapia fillets and roll them up.
- Place the stuffed Tilapia in the greased dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle melted butter and paprika powder over the stuffed Tilapia.
- Place the stuffed Tilapia in the oven and bake the rolls at 400° Fahrenheit. The stuffed Tilapia is finished when it is easy to flake the fish with a fork, usually after 20-25 minutes.
Tilapia.ws Copyright 2005-2009