Tilapia.ws is a website devoted to providing the best possible tilapia information. Our ambition is to provide all the information you ever need about tilapia regardless of whether you want to know more about farming tilapia, the various diseases that can be a problem when farming tilapia, the large historical importance of tilapia or simply want to know how to keep one in an aquarium. We also provide a large collection tilapia recipes.
Marinade for Tilapia
Use this marinade for Tilapia to enhance the taste of the Tilapia fillets before you cook them. Flavour filled ingredients such as Tabasco and Garlic are important elements in this marinade, but this marinade for Tilapia will not only add flavour, it will also keep the fish juicy and prevent the Tilapia fillets from becoming dry when you fry or grill them. This marinade for Tilapia must be prepared at least 30 minutes before you plan to grill or fry your Tilapia fillets, since the fillets need to soak in the marine for 20-30 minutes.
Marinade for Tilapia ingredients:
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of parsley
3/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of oregano
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 dashes of Tabasco
Marinade for Tilapia directions:
- Mince the garlic into fine pieces.
- Chop the parsley into fine pieces.
- Place the garlic and the parsley in a large jar. It must be a jar with a tight fitting lid, since you will need to shake it later.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the jar
- Add olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar, oregano, black pepper and Tabasco.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake it well.
- Marinate the Tilapia fillets in the marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the Tilapia fillets from the marinade and fry or grill them. A medium thick Tilapia fillet will usually require 2-3 minutes of cooking per side.
Tilapia.ws Copyright 2005-2009