Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter
[schema type=”recipe” name=”Baked tilapia with garlic butter” author=”William Berg” image=”http://tilapia.ws/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/garlic.jpg” description=”A very good and easily prepared recipe for baked tilapia with garlic butter. This dish is healthy and low in fat. It can be prepared in 20 minutes.” prephours=”0″ prepmins=”5″ cookhours=”0″ cookmins=”15″ yield=”4″ ]This is a great recipe for all garlic lovers. Our version of baked tilapia with garlic butter contains two cloves of garlic, but if you are a great garlic fancier you can of course increase the amount, just like those who are more sensitive can exclude one of the garlic cloves from the recipe. This recipe for baked tilapia with garlic butter is suitable for 2-4 servings.
This recipe calls you to make your own garlic butter. If you are in hurry you can choose to use a pre-made commercial garlic butter. If you do make sure you use a pre-made butter that you like the flavor of.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pinch of dried dillweed or parsley
- Paprika powder
- 4 tilapia fillets
How to prepare Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mince the garlic into fine pieces
- Place the garlic in a saucepan and add butter and dillweed or parsley
- Add one dash of salt, one dash of pepper and one dash of paprika powder to the saucepan. The exact amount will depend on your own preferences.
- Heat the saucepan over low heat until the butter is fully melted and begins to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and brush some of its content over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Put the tilapia fillets on top of the garlic butter mix. Try to center the fillet over the butter to maximize flavor.
- Use the remaining garlic butter mix to brush the top of each tilapia fillet
- Place the baking dish in the oven and let it bake for 12-15 minutes.
- The baked tilapia with garlic butter is ready when it is easy to flake it with a fork.