Tilapia.ws is a website devoted to providing the best possible tilapia information. Our ambition is to provide all the information you ever need about tilapia regardless of whether you want to know more about farming tilapia, the various diseases that can be a problem when farming tilapia, the large historical importance of tilapia or simply want to know how to keep one in an aquarium. We also provide a large collection tilapia recipes.
This recipe for blackened Tilapia includes a lot of spices and produces a flavoursome Tilapia dish in no time. You will only need 10 minutes to prepare Blackened Tilapia and it will be ready to eat after just another 8 minutes in the frying pan. This recipe for blackened Tilapia is suitable for 4 servings.
Blackened Tilapia ingredients:
3 tablespoons of paprika powder
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
½ teaspoon of celery seed
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 pound of Tilapia fillets
4 slices of white bread
Blackened Tilapia directions:
- Create a spice blend by pouring paprika powder, salt, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, celery seed and garlic powder into a jar with a lid. Shake them until they are blended.
- Use the spice blend to coat the Tilapia fillets, and let them sit for 30 minutes in room temperature.
- Slice the lemon into wedges.
- Heat up a frying pan over high heat.
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and place the Tilapia fillets in the pan when the oil is so hot it is nearly smoking.
- Fry the Tilapia fillets until the fillets look opaque and can be easily flaked with a fork. This will usually take around 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the Tilapia fillets and place each fillet on a slice of bread.
- Pour the remaining content of the frying pan over the Tilapia fillets and the bread, and squeeze lemon juice over the Blackened Tilapia from the lemon wedges.
- Enjoy the tasty Blackened Tilapia immediately.
Tilapia.ws Copyright 2005-2009