Tilapia.ws is a website devoted to providing the best possible tilapia information. Our ambition is to provide all the information you ever need about tilapia regardless of whether you want to know more about farming tilapia, the various diseases that can be a problem when farming tilapia, the large historical importance of tilapia or simply want to know how to keep one in an aquarium. We also provide a large collection tilapia recipes.
Baked Tilapia is a very affordable dish and it can be ready within 40 minutes, of which just 20 minutes are used for preparation. The rest of the time the baked tilapia is cooking in the oven. This recipe requires 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets and is enough for 4 servings.
N.B! This recipe is not only suitable for making baked tilapia; you can use it to prepare almost any type of white fish fillets as long as the fish is mild in flavour and firm-fleshed.
Baked Tilapia Ingredients:
¾ cup of olive oil, preferably extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
½ teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspon of garlic powder
4 tablespoons of tomato paste
4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
1 green bell pepper
1 onion (large)
4 tablespoons of butter
Baked Tilapia Directions:
- Start by preheating the oven to 175° C / 350° F.
- Prepare a medium sized baking dish by coating its bottom with roughly ¼ cup of the olive oil.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil, ½ cup, into a small bowl and mix it with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and tomato paste.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the baking dish. The skin side should be up.
- Use a spatula to gently spread the mix from the bowl over the fillets. A large part of the paste should be used to cover the centres of the fillets.
- Slice one green bell pepper into thin slices
- Slice one large onion into slices
- Place the green bell pepper and the onion around the tilapia fillets
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The baked tilapia is finished when you can easily flake it using a fork.
- Remove the baked tilapia from the oven and place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each fillet.
- Set the oven to broil and broil the baked tilapia during 5-7 minutes. The butter should be fully melted and just turning slightly brown when you remove the dish from the oven.
Tilapia.ws Copyright 2005-2009