Tilapia sauce is a quick way of preparing a mouth-watering Tilapia dish. Tilapia sauce is low-calorie and overflowing with vitamins from the many vegetables. The garlic and bell pepper add spicy flavours to the Tilapia sauce and will also increase you metabolism. Bon appetite!
Tilapia sauce ingredients:
2 lb of fresh Tilapia fillets
1 large onion
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of celery
1 large bell pepper
1/4 cup oil
1 carton of fresh mushrooms or a 1.8 oz jar
1 can of tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of parsley
1/2 cup of onion tops
Tilapia sauce directions:
- Cut the Tilapia fillets in quarters.
- Use some salt and pepper to season the Tilapia fillets, and set them aside until later.
- Dice the onion.
- Mince the garlic cloves into fine pieces.
- Chop the celery.
- Chop the bell pepper.
- Use a frying pan or similar to sauté the onion, the garlic, the celery and the bell pepper in oil until clear.
- Add mushrooms, tomato paste and bay leaf to the frying pan.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce cook for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Place the Tilapia fillets in the pan with the mixture and add the tomato sauce.
- Cook the Tilapia sauce on low fire until you can easily flake the Tilapia fillets with a fork.
- Chop the onion tops and the parsley and add it to the Tilapia sauce.
- Stir the Tilapia sauce gently and serve it. Tilapia sauce tastes great with rice or couscous.