Pecan Crusted Tilapia
This recipe can be used both for baking and pan-frying Tilapia fillets. To make it quicker to prepare when you are hungry, you can do a lot of the pecan “breading” in advance and store in your freezer. This way, you can take out the necessary amount of breading each time you feel like eating pecan crusted tilapia and have some delicious pecan crusted tilapia ready in no time.
Pecan Crusted Tilapia ingredients:
1 pound of pecans, finely grounded
2 tablespoons of cereal thickener
Pepper or lemon pepper
2 Tilapia fillets per person
Pecan Crusted Tilapia directions:
- If you want to bake the pecan crusted tilapia in the oven, your first step will be to preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Use aluminium foil to cover a baking pan.
- Put the finely grounded pecans in a large zip-lock plastic bag and add cereal thickener, onion powder, salt and pepper or lemon pepper.
- Use some water to wet the Tilapia fillets and put then inside the zip-lock plastic bag. This makes it easy to evenly coat the Tilapia fillets.
- Place the pecan crusted Tilapia fillets in the baking pan and bake them in the oven for roughly 10 minutes. Or use a frying pan to cook the pecan crusted Tilapia fillets if you prefer not to bake them in the oven.
- Place the fillets on a serving plate and squeeze some lemon juice over them. Add some parsley as decoration.